I am taking this straight from my copy of Evinrude/Johnson outboard shop manual 2-40HP, 1973-1990 shop manual. Special thanks to them, if you don’t have the book-get it. It’s worth every penny!
- Clamp screw, steering handle pivot and tilt/run lever
- Throttle detent, cam, linkage and choke lever
- Magneto and throttle linkage
- Shift lever fitting, reveres lock and swivel bracket
- Fuel shut-off/choke shaft (integral tank)
- Choke shaft (remote tank)
- Choke linkage
- Rear motor cover latch
- Starter motor pinion shaft-use Lubriplate 777
- Vertical throttle shaft and gears
Complete list does not apply to all models. Perform only those tasks which apply to your model. Lubricate with OMC triple-guard grease every 60 days (fresh water) or 30 days (salt water) as required.
Return to outboard engine layup.