May
Filed Under (Your boating questions) by Debbie on 21-05-2007

Are you looking for information yet not finding it in this blog?  Then help me out!  I have tons of articles yet to write but I work on those I’m most interested in.  Let me know what question you’re trying to answer, who knows…I may know the answer!

There is no question too silly, besides…you can make up a name if you’re too shy ;o).  I really want my site to become a wonderful warehouse of boating information, both powerboat and sailboat.  My hubby and I have more than 50 years between us on the water.  Chances are we’ve done or know someone who’s done what ever it is you’re looking for.

Don’t care to post a question?  You can always e-mail me at Debbie (at@) PacificNorthWestBoating (dot.) com  I totally respect your on-line privacy.  I don’t share any email addresses.  You will not be bombarded with junk email just because you talked with me.

So…winch up a chair and fire away!  Who knows…maybe I’ll learn something too!

Comments:
8 Comments posted on "Boating Questions?"
Kerry on October 7th, 2008 at 11:57 am #

New at sailing. Bought 6 year old boat. Fresh water tanks need to be flushed and cleaned. How do I do that?

Debbie on October 7th, 2008 at 1:01 pm #

Hi Kerry,

Thank you so much for the question! This is a post I’ve been meaning to write for a while and you’ve given me the reason to do so.

You can read the easy to do answer here: http://pacificnorthwestboating.com/2008/10/07/how-to-clean-the-fresh-water-tank/

Nick edgecomb on August 12th, 2009 at 4:29 pm #

Debbie , I am new but I saw a blog by Jim Steadman from Chicago offering to part with sheves for the mast and boom and bearing for the rudders on my Newport 30. I have no email address for Jim. Could you help? Nick Edgecomb

Debbie on August 12th, 2009 at 5:05 pm #

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the question. I think I’ve found him, I’ll private message you.

neil m on November 7th, 2009 at 2:43 pm #

We have a newport 30 mark2 1978. this boat has sevear weather helm in 19 plus kt of wind. When I went to rake the mast, I found it rake forwrd 4 inches. Spoke to rigger and he said that sometimes the builder did this to reduce weather helm. Have any of your readers heard this.

Debbie on November 11th, 2009 at 2:09 pm #

Hi Neil,

Thanks for visiting. I’ve not heard of it although that doesn’t mean anything. I’ll move this comment to the Newport 30 post and see if anyone there knows.

benefits of tai chi on May 17th, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Thanks for finally writing about > Boat Questions

JIM HELMSTADTER on June 3rd, 2014 at 9:33 am #

i’m looking to instal a windlass anchor winch on my 1980 30ft mk11 Newport, w/the anchor locker, located so far forward, seems i would have to mount aft of the locker. question is. what winch? horizontal or vertical, and how to divert the anchor chain & rhode, forward to the anchor storage locker? Hmmm, any ideas? let me know thanks “baja-Jim”